16 oz. of no boil lasagna noodles
1 lb. of ground turkey (can go vegan and use Gimme Lean® vegan meat alternative)
2 portobello caps-sliced
½ med zucchini
½ med squash
½ red pepper-chopped
½ green pepper-chopped
½ cup broccoli-chopped
1 cup spinach-fresh
¼ cup of Bermuda onion, diced
2 eggs (or vegan can use 6 Tbls. Aquafaba—chickpea liquid from can)
24 oz. cheese- 12 oz. each-small curd cottage cheese, skim ricotta (can use vegan cheese or low fat/part skim to reduce overall calories)
14 oz. part skim mozzarella, shredded (can use vegan cheese)
½ c Parmesan/Reggiano (can use vegan parmesan)
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. olive oil
2 fresh sprigs basil
2 fresh parsley sprigs
2 fresh basil stems
2 cloves garlic-chopped
12 oz. canned organic or fresh prepared tomato sauce
16 oz. organic crushed tomatoes-drained
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
2. Heat oil in pan, sweat onions, add ½ garlic, sauté all veggies slightly-just enough to take on the flavor of onion and garlic.
3. Add meat, cook until no pink is visible. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste.
4. Heat on medium in a separate pan tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, dried spices, ½ of fresh parsley cook for 20 minutes.
5. In a bowl, combine, cheese, fresh basil, remaining parsley, 1/2 garlic and eggs.
6. In a 9x13 baking dish, cover bottom with a little sauce or spray pam.
7. Cover the surface with noodles; layer is with cheese mixture, meat sauce, sprinkle mozzarella fresh, repeat with noodles and filling layers.
8. Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes.
9. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
*Can try noodle alternative for low carb, using zucchini cut in long strips and dried in oven.
*Times vary from stove to stove. Check 1/4-inch strips when they are firm and slightly toasted