A perfect recipe for your game day supporters!
24 chicken wings (separate at the joint)
1 cup red pepper jelly
2 Tbls. Hot pepper sauce to taste
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 scallions finely chopped
1 Tbls. fresh basil finely chopped
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
1.Place wings in a large mixing bowl.
2.Combine the ingredients in a small saucepan.
3. Stir and cook over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. When well blended, pour over wings, and toss to coat.
5. Let wings sit and absorb the sauce for 5 minutes.
6. While wings are resting, oil the grill grates.
7. Preheat the grill to medium-high. (Remember to hold hand 4 inches above grate
and count to 4 “Miami Dolphins” before pulling it away).
8. Grill the wings over direct heat, turning frequently for about 20-25 minutes.
9. Brush them with any remaining sauce.
10. When cooked through, remove from the grill and serve hot with blue cheese dip.
Blue Cheese Dip
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup light mayo
¼ cup white wine vinegar
1 scallion finely chopped for garnish
8 oz. crumbled blue cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Mix and Serve with Wings!
Photo Credit: Peter Pham